CITB is an organisation with a track record of over 40 years of successfully meeting the training needs of the industry.
CITB is responsible for:
- Overall governance of National Skills Academy for Construction projects
- Consistency of approach and delivery in all regions
- Cost effective administration and management
- Products and services which are required nationally
- Training which others cannot provide
Within CITB, the National Skills Academy for Construction has its own national and regional governance arrangements, with employers at the centre of these arrangements, but working closely with other key partners.
Councils and regional development agencies, public partnerships and the Olympic Delivery Authority have all put their projects under the National Skills Academy for Construction umbrella. They have recognised the benefits that are to be gained in terms of upskilling their local workforce and training local people into local jobs.
Major developers and construction companies are already taking part, with market leaders such as Balfour Beatty, Bovis Lendlease, Costain and Kier operating National Skills Academy for Construction projects.