Interior Systems – Suspended Ceiling Fixing and Partition Fixing
For people who want to build a career in working with suspended ceiling fixing, relocatable partitioning and drylining fixing.
This course has been designed in close consultation with the interior systems industry sector to provide a sound working knowledge of a wide variety of industry skills that will prepare apprentices for further career progression and to work competently on site.
Successful apprentices must achieve competence in the following:
An induction programme
- Employment responsibilities and rights
- Health and safety
- Drug and alcohol awareness
- Mobile towers
- Hand and power tools
- Interpreting information
- Principles of setting out
- Suspended ceiling systems
- Cavity barriers
- Demountable partitions
- Drylining partition systems
- Drylinings and encasements
- Drylining finishing
- Raised access flooring
The apprentice will gain qualifications/certification in:
- Level 2 Construction Diploma in Interior Systems (Ceiling Fixing/Relocatable Partitions)
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Interior Systems (Ceiling Fixing/Relocatable Partitions)
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
They may also gain value added qualifications in first aid and health and safety, along with other industry specific subjects.
This is a combination of classroom-based theory and workshop-based practicals. The apprentice will take part in individual tutorials as necessary and there will be periodic progress reviews. Assessment will take place via:
- Written and practical assessments (mapped to Diploma and NVQ Diploma competence levels)
- Site visits (via an assessor)
- A synoptic practical test
- An assessment (delivered via a test at the end of each unit)
- The GOLA on-line multiple choice assessment test
All candidates will be required to complete a Skills Learning exercise, and some will need to attend the college for further tests.
Where to next?
This course can lead towards further career advancement in design, finance, sales and management within the interior systems sector. Further qualifications include the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations and the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Site Supervisory.
|Locations||NCC East and NCC Scotland|
|Dates||For course dates please call 0344 994 4422|
|Apply now||Please call 0344 994 4422, as we need to confirm some details of the apprenticeship with you.
If your apprentice has not made an application – they can visit www.bconstructive.co.uk to make sure they are eligible for funding
|Year 1||3 x 4 week blocks|
|Year 2||1 x 4 week block
1 x 2 week block
Total – 18 weeks
Periods between college training are spent on site with the apprentice’s employer, developing work-based skills and knowledge
Get the training you need today
For more information and advice on our Apprenticeship courses please call: 0344 994 4422
Course Programme 2012
Details of all our courses are also available off line in our 2012 course programme:
Download (2.5MB PDF) or call 0344 994 4433