Telescopic Handler CPCS Code A17
CPCS Code A17 Endorsement C (all sizes excluding 360° slew)
Potential and existing operators who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training.
This course will give candidates foundation training and assessment towards a Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) Red Trained Operator card.
Successful candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Operating the machine on all normal tasks for which it is designed
- Deciding whether a particular load is safe to lift
- Carrying out routine servicing procedures and maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- The purpose and capabilities of the machine and any relevant safety precautions necessary for its operation
- How the machine works and the maintenance requirements involved
- The effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability
- The loading, storage and transit of representative materials
- The basic construction of pallets
- The permitted loading of scaffolds
Candidates will gain qualification/certification in:
- CPCS Red Trained Operator card (on successful completion of CPCS Technical Tests)
This is a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practicals. Candidates will be assessed through theory and practical tests.
Candidates must have passed a CITB-ConstructionSkills Health, safety and environment test before attending this course.
Where to next?
Further qualifications include a Level 2 NVQ, which leads to a CPCS Blue Competent Operator card.
(full training and test, call to book)
|Duration||4 days (full training only)|
|Locations||NCC East, NCC South and London|
|Book now||Available course dates and book online.
Alternatively call us on 0344 994 4433
Get the training you need today
Contact the National Construction College today: 0344 994 4433
Course Programme 2013
Details of all our courses are also available off line in our 2013 course programme:
Download (5.4 MB PDF) or call 0344 994 4433